Okay, in the last couple days, dissenters from the fascist takeover of healthcare have been called:
- Astroturfers (whatever that means)
- Like members of the KKK
- Afraid of Canadians (Obama said this one, nevermind that most of us love our Canadian neighbors, but we don’t want their socialized medicine).
- Fifth Columnists
- Birthers (same column as above)
- Racist (not because we oppose the fascist takeover of healthcare, but because the primary proponent of such and evil system happens to be black)
- Just like Tomothy McVeigh
Lets not even get into the fact that CNN is using Communist Cuba as a model for what our healthcare should be. This is too rich! I just can’t make this stuff up!
Now the point: Nearly no one is actually defending this crummy healthcare proposal! But if you are not for ObamaCare, then you are a Timothy McVeigh, KKK lovin’, Racist, Fifth column, astroturfin’, Anti-American, Birther! How dare you speak against the “messiah,” when all he wants is what’s best for you him and the monolithic iron (curtain) fist of democrats everywhere. I have a real answer that works coming up.
Personally, I’m lovin’ it. This debate is what American is all about, until dissention against the Big O becomes de-facto “hate speech,” in which case you’ll be in the gulag, Siberia, (wait, that’s germany and Russia, where fascism already got a grip 70 years ago, instead you’ll be in) a comfy American prison.
Hey, one specific point on healthcare and the “public option” (read that Government program).
a Washington Post-ABC News poll of 1,001 adults in June that found that 83 percent were either “somewhat” or “very” satisfied with the care they receive and 81 percent felt the same way about their insurance. “These people have something to lose. If they think reform is going to actually make it worse for them, they get really scared.”
It is true that you can keep your healthcare if you like it, BUT two things about that:
- Since government (excuse me “public option”) healthcare is tied to the national treasury, it has the ability to subsidize the “public option” system with means they will always be able to undermine insurance companies. This means that as more and more employers find that the only system that makes sense economically for them is the “public ‘option,’” then one by one they will all slide over to the government system. This is a gradual government takeover. If there is a public option, there is no way that Obama would let it fall prey to capitalism. Some might say, “What is wrong with a government system?” First, it will be artificially economically the lowest, subsidized by you and I … we WILL pay more with a government system, even if other systems are an option, you will still pay for the “public option” in your taxes. But the real point is
- Government doesn’t care about you; they don’t have to. If an insurance company fails to serve their customers well, they will lose customers. Insurance companies have an incentive to do the best they can for you. Government doesn’t have that incentive. Government doesn’t even have to give you good care. The VA (a government system) costs 24% more than it’s private sector counterparts. Why would you want more of that? Which brings me to my next point, which defends insurance companies.
Our nation is NOT held “imprisoned” by insurance companies – as Obama said in New Hampshire today – but it’s that our current system in mired in a morass of litigation. Doctors pay huge amounts in malpractice insurance. Many doctors order more tests than they need to, just to cover their butts in the even that you’d want to sue them. Insurance companies are forced to pay more for service you receive at your doctor’s office, because he or she has to cover the costs of the malpractice insurance to stay in the business of giving you quality care and keeping you healthy. But for many, dear 80 year old Aunt Betty gets sick, and when the doctor can’t cure cancer, they sue. The idea is that it has to be someone’s fault. Which of course is not the case. Accidents happen. Stuff happens. And eventually, life ceases to happen. And we shouldn’t award a crying relative a couple million dollars because they refuse to believe it. So tell the masses: we could save billions by just limiting litigation. And that’s just one idea. There are more great free market ideas at www.HealthTransformation.net .
One more thing, about “quality:” Obama himself admitted that government systems are inferior. This is classic:
And I like the US Post Office, and use them frequently. And I can’t believe our president used the slang term “dissin’” in a nationally televised healthcare town hall. I wouldn’t “diss” on the post office, and I’m surprised that Obama didn’t get the quick idea to subsidize the US Post office more, and put FedEx and UPS out of business. And SHOOT, I probably just gave him the idea. Look for a government takeover of all mail related services soon. Just like US car companies, and AIG, and Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. And expect that if this healthcare bill passes, it will become a wholly run de-facto Government system in just a few short years.
I love freedom of speech. Evil will oppose it (and don’t even get me started on Muslim attempts to criminalize the mention of “jihad” or our own defense department’s use of “man-caused disasters” instead of what they are: Islamic acts of terror). Evil always opposes free speech, because that’s when the truth comes out, and “the truth shall set you free.”
Use your free speech! Tell it like it is! Keep at it!