Aids to the president say that he plans to be more assertive in his address to a joint session of congress Wednesday night. The gloves are coming off, no more unicorns and rainbows (except for radical Islamic whackos who want to kill us infidels).
He’s pretty predictable, so here’s what you’re going to hear:
- “We must act now.” Translation: Every time I talk about healthcare, more Americans wise up and get angry about it, so we’ve got to pass this thing before the wheels come off of this monster.
- “Every American should have healthcare coverage.” Translation: rich Americans (who can pay for healthcare), people who are temporarily between jobs, those who don’t choose to sign up for government assistance, and every single illegal alien who’s already bilking the system, must be forced into my new government plan.
- “This ‘public option’ has a trigger.” Translation: Heh heh, I’m just kidding about this, ‘cuz the ‘trigger’ is wherever the government sets it, so it’s really, “Take the public option or I’ll pull the trigger.”
- “You will still be able to choose your doctor.” Translation: … as long as your doctor is the one I have officially sanctioned. It’s for your own good you know. No, you don’t know, only I know what’s good for you.
- “There will be no waiting lines. That’s just scare tactics from those who don’t like change.” Translation: the waiting lines shouldn’t be too bad, because Canadians wont be coming down here for excellent timely service anymore.
- “My plan will bring costs down.” (Insert your own laughter track here, because the Congressional Budget Office, Democrats everywhere, and even Obama himself has said this is not true). And besides, it is physically impossible to force every uninsured person into a plan and not have the cost go up. AND whatever government touches it always makes inefficient.
- “We mustn’t be afraid of change!” (I don’t think anyone’s afraid of change here, we’re just reasonably afraid of the biggest mammoth GOVERNMENT healthcare takeover).
- “We are at a pivotal point in American history.” NOW THIS IS THE TRUTH.
This IS the point in American history where we either decide that we want a nanny-state that takes lots more in taxes and gives us back a little of what it thinks is best for us, OR we can say “no” to this socialist healthcare takeover plan – a bureaucratic tax and waste system – and “yes” to free market American style changes that will keep our healthcare system the best in the world while retaining our precious liberties. Check this:
I have heard some of the talking heads saying that some portion of this healthcare bill will get passed. But which sections do we keep?
- Pg 30 THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get
- Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!! You can only get so much “care” per year
- PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill – HC will be provided to ALL non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise.
- Pg 58HC Bill – Government will have real-time access to individuals finances & a National ID Healthcard will be issued!
- Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.
- Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesnt have acceptable HC accrdng to Government will be taxed 2.5%. Yes, tax the uninsured.
- Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (You and I will pay for them).
- PG 203 Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that.
- Pg 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership / investment. Government tells Drs. What / how much they can own!
- Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 – Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. More rationing.
- Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing all into Government HC plan.
- PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.
- PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.
No, we shouldn’t keep ANY of this! Not to mention the astronomical cost will be a recovery killer. This is an anti-choice, extremely expensive, heavy handed, big-government boondoggle that is just plain bad through and through. There is NO REDEEMING PORTION of the democrat’s plan. But there ARE free market solutions that WORK, starting with tort reform. That’s “limiting lawsuits.” The democrats will never put that in their bill because 95% of trial lawyer donations go to democrats; They will never bite the hand that feeds them, even if it is the best thing for the country!
THERE IS ANOTHER PLAN
You’re just not hearing it,
because the mainstream media
wants the democrats’ socialist plan –
and their hero, Obama – to succeed.
And lets face it; the democrats do want their top down total control system to be put in place over you as well. More power for them, less freedom for you. More taxes for them, and a lot less money in your pocket; you won’t be able to afford a different plan even if it was available. But it wont be, because if the government sponsors a public option, they will always be able to undercut the private companies (using your money, I might add), and private companies will go out of business. The only option in the long run IS the “public option.”
SO, here are the bullet points of free market reform that works.
- Reform our health justice system (yes, “tort reform”).
- Fraud & waste reduction, which will be helped by
- Moving from a paper based system to an electronic system
- Create a HEALTH based system (prevention) instead of just caring for people after they get sick
- Tax reform (liberating the health system and rewarding healthy choices)
- Investing in scientific and technological breakthroughs.
Get more details here.
So no matter how the president lays down his “tough talk” before congress, keep your brain firmly engaged, and demand your representatives not support this stinking un-American pile of crappy legislation.
YOU CAN STOP IT!
Contact information is here.
You can always contact your representatives:
- U.S. Capitol switchboard” 1-202-224-3121. Just ask for your senator or representative.
- Write your representatives: You can get contact information here. By entering your zip code on the left side, various contact information pops up. A hand written letter means much more than an email, and generally gets a paper letter response (even if it is a form letter).
Read up on the latest happenings that directly affect your life: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
I always recommend contacting your local media (TV, radio, and even print or web media) about these issues. Be sure to tell your friends: face to face, FaceBook, Twitter, MySpace, or link this in your own blog.
And of course, Barack takes your comments (and promptly ignores them) here: President@WhiteHouse.Gov
Get to it.
Don’t even get me started on “Cap and Tax Trade.”