Do NOT Support Obamacare.
A picture’s worth a thousand words. I love this shot (from the NY Post). Obama’s staffers are handing out white lab coats to make the hand picked doctors who support Obamacare look more “doctor-ish” for the cameras. Does that make you want to get behind the monstrous takeover called Obamacare?
This should tell you almost everything you need to know:
- Most docs are not supporting Obamacare (statistics below)
- This whole “doctors on the white house lawn” thing was for show…
- Because this huge government takeover of the most intimate part of your life (your health) is on it’s deathbed.
At this photo-op the president lied (again): “When you cut through all the noise and all the distractions that are out there, I think what’s most telling is that some of the people who are most supportive of reform are the very medical professionals who know the health-care system best.”
That is utter nonsense. The facts don’t support that lie. (According to an Investor’s Business Daily poll):
- 2/3 of doctors are against Obamacare. That’s sixty-six percent, or rephrased, “two out of three doctors prefer freedom, choice, and competition” to the big government regulation socialist takeover of one sixth of the nation’s expenditures.
- 45% would consider quitting if Obamacare passes. After all, since the free-market model will be replaced with a communist style democratic plan, doctors would probably be able to make the same money fixing up Harley’s.
The American Medical Association supports Obamacare. BUT 86% of doctors say that the AMA is now too political and out of touch with the doctors it represents. It figures AMA supports big-government takeover, they’d probably get a kickback.
Look, your health is your business. Discuss it with your doctor. Your health has to do with everything you do. Everything. It is not just that government will control and regulate 1/6th of the economy if the democrats have their way. They will be able to tell you how to live. Really. Right now your kids can’t go to school without proof that their vaccinations are up to date. Multiply that times 100 if Obamacare is in place. If the government controls your healthcare, they can tell you what jobs you can take, and under what circumstances. Sound far-fetched? What if the democrats apply health care tactics to another huge government takeover project: the environment. They could dictate that it is too hazardous for humans to be working on oilrigs, coalmines or nuclear reactors, and then they can regulate strict (unnecessary, or unreasonable) protections for workers that make producing energy too expensive for companies to produce those things on a cost effective basis to consumers. And if employees don’t comply with the government health-based mandates for those conditions: well, then they don’t get health insurance. Oh and if they don’t have health insurance, Obama’s going to charge them 2.5% of their income as a fine …unless you’re an illegal alien of course, in which case you get a pass and “free” healthcare.
Universal healthcare sounds great because we care that much. But if we do it with a big government takeover, you will regret it with your life.
Can we do it with American values under a free market system?
Yes we can!
The conservative alternative doesn’t require a 1,000 page pile of new regulation that has to be passed in the middle of the night when no one is looking. It’s so clean, honest, and good it can be proclaimed in the daylight. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has written an excellent piece in the Washington Post. It is the best, most concise version of free market, conservative ideas that will really work I’ve ever seen. This plan LIBERATES people from the shackles of government, giving them the individual benefits that come with that, and DOESN’T add the RESTRICTIVE shackles that democrats are saying is necessary to accomplish their power grab give you what you need what they know has never worked well in any country where its already been tried.
Again, it’s excellent. He says that the democratic plan for healthcare is over (and you know it is, nearly no one wants it), and it’s time for conservatives of all colors to turn the corner, and go on the offensive with a clear presentation of plans that free people to enjoy better healthcare at lower costs and less government intrusion.
Contact your congress people, and tell them the giant socialist healthcare takeover is over. Send them a copy of Jindal’s piece. And – get this – we can institute these principles gradually, one at a time. I suggest we start with tort reform, and I suggest what Jindal didn’t in his piece: that we use healthcare principles that have worked well in some states, and transplant them to others that are floundering.
But you get the picture. It can be done, and it doesn’t have to be done all at once. Let them know you support a free market solution that liberates us, not shackles us, and one that actually works.
Once again, here’s your contact information:
- Contact your representatives to put pressure on him to reject Obamacare and protect your individual liberties. Complete list of congress’ email and fax numbers here. Another “contact congress” option is here. Make a call! The capitol switchboard is: 1-202-224-3121.
- Let Obama know that you’re done with his plan, and it’s time to work with republicans (for real) and conservatives of all colors to make a change to “free market” solutions.
- Contact the media (radio, TV, blogs) and help them know more.
- Talk with your friends about the free market principles outlined in Jindal’s piece. Link it on your FaceBook.
I welcome your comments below as well.