I admit that I’m a little harsh in this one, and in some spots I seem irreverent. But this could be the pivotal point in my life where I tell my kids “this is where it all went downhill.” And we have an opportunity to bring us back from the brink here, so I have to let it all out before the vote comes. May God help us all.
I am against this bill that’s being rushed to the Senate floor.
- Government shouldn’t be in the business of directing healthcare for the nation. THAT IS NOT GOVERNMENT’S BUSINESS. There are MANY ways that “reform” can be handled by the private sector. See Bobby Jindal’s Washington Post article here.
- 2/3 of doctors don’t support this bill. That should tell us something! The president’s photo op was a farce. This is NOT what is best for patients!! Yet democrats insist on pushing this bad legislation anyway? WHY IS THAT? Is it because you think you know better, and all of us plebeians are stupid? How arrogant. That is the only reason I can see for continuing to push this bill that it seems that most free thinking Americans don’t want: arrogance.
- The “public option” is particularly nefarious. Good thing for you that big government also likes to keep our kids stupid in public schools. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that if a “public option” is in the mix, it will NOT have to truly compete with private options, but government subsidies will consistently undercut the private options until they are out of business. Not to mention all these “uninsured” will HAVE to chose the public plan (for economic reasons). There is NO WAY that Obama would let a “public system” fail. He has banked too much on that, and he WILL use my money to subsidize it, and cause the downfall of the entire free market American health care system. Which brings me to my next point:
- Government systems suck. Not just the failed socialist examples of western Europe, but right here in America we have Medicare / Medicaid / VA … ALL of these are HUGE WASTERS of money, and every other day I see a new report on TV about the waste that goes on here. If Obama and democrats want us to believe in their system, they should start with these government systems that are in place now, and make them really attractive. As it is, they are an embarrassment, and it just PROVES THAT GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS DON’T WORK. At least they don’t work well. But – given your record – I’m fairly confident you’ll still try to push this “un-wellness” down our throats.
- I love the idea of “universal care for all.” That is so utopian. We DO care here in America that much. But it will drag the quality of care down and push taxes way up. Obama wants quality care that is affordable for all. But when you add 30 million new “customers” and make co-payments really low, you will have a rush on the system that will crush us. It will crush us. There are free market solutions (such as tax incentives for clinics to cater to a certain percentage of uninsured) that will NOT crush us. And conservative ideas – that have so far been almost completely rejected by democrats – can be implemented gradually.
- And we can’t just give healthcare to the world. Again, I am ashamed that democrats won’t put a line in the bill about “no healthcare for illegal immigrants.” We just cant give away healthcare to 12 million people. And Joe Wilson was right: Obama lied. Otherwise democrats would have put a line in the bill about it so Obama could be a man of his word.
- Tort reform. You and your fellow democrats are just money whores on this one. 90% of trial lawyer candidate support goes to democrats, so you just wont cut off the hand that feeds you. Shame on you for sacrificing what is good for America for the good of your political career. Tort reform alone could be the one thing that drastically reduces prices for every single American, and makes all the other health care goals attainable, but democrats wont even put this one on the table. And I am ashamed of them for it. Here is my promise to you: if YOU introduce radical “Tort Reform” into the democrat’s idiotic plan, you will have my vote next election. Lawsuit caps will drastically lower insurance payouts, which lowers malpractice insurance for doctors everywhere, and lowers the cost for every single American. Oh, and this only will happen in a truly competitive market, so I’m sure if Obama has his way, he’ll make it impossible.
- We cant pay for this. We don’t have the money. “Healthcare reform” as democrats have planned is a recovery killer. I will hold you personally responsible if you continue pushing it. It is IRRESPONSIBLE to blast all Americans with mammoth new taxes (which the CBO has said WILL happen under the democrat plan).
Democrats wonder why there is all this resistance out in America to their plan. It’s because we see through it, to the radical power grab that it actually is. This is not “healthcare reform;” it’s “life control.” The democrat healthcare plan is sick! I’ve read the bullet points, and I don’t think there is ANY redeeming value in it. If you think there IS, let’s introduce some individual points and not go all out to tuck all Americans under big governments regulatory wing. It’s un-American and wrong. This big plan as it is should quietly die.
Healthcare reform as a free market system costs almost nothing by comparison. All a conservative approach does is unshackle the system as it stands from the constraints that make it inefficient. Let’s see insurance become “individual,” “portable,” and able to be sold across state lines. Let’s see radical “tort reform.” Lets see a move to electronic records (and computerized searches for fraud, waste and duplication). Let’s use what works well in one state, and transplant that to another. Let’s stop healthcare for illegal immigrants except in the case of imminent life threatening situations. Let’s free up Americans to actually apply “choice and competition” and show the world a system that really works!
Please stop this nonsense!